As an Alumni member you can:
- Adopt the SUGGESTIONS on the STUDENT PAGE
- Plan & execute a relevant educational presentation for your chapter or a nearby chapter
- Discuss the program & set the expectation that “Cornerstones is what we do here”
- Discuss the program with an alumni member, who could be a potential Mentor, or willing to donate to a scholarship fund
- Make yourself available as a Career Mentor & be willing to correspond via phone, email, Facebook, etc.
- Recommend one of your Acacia Brothers for an Alumni Spotlight Post on the Cornerstones blog (coming soon! – email email@example.com with recommendations)
- Contribute to a Scholarship Fund (named scholarship fund or Chapter Fund) via Acacia.org
Still need some guidance or direction? Send questions or feedback to Acacia Headquarters here.
Cornerstones Alumni Advisor Guide
The following documents are designed to empower alumni members to understand and begin to participate in the Cornerstones Program. There are 3 versions of this document included below (and they are also available on the Development page). The “long version” has the most content. The “short version” and the “1 page summary” are simply shortened versions of the material in the “long version”, meaning that if you review the “long version”, you will see the same information that is included in the two shorter versions.
- Cornerstones Alumni Guide S12 (1 page) – this version is a brief overview of the program from the alumni perspective
- Cornerstones Alumni Guide S12 (short version) this version is a bit more in-depth & describes How to Get Involved
- Cornerstones Alumni Guide S12 (long version) – most in-depth version, contains 3 sections: Getting Started, Advising Guidelines, & Resources & General Information
- Cornerstones Communications Tracker– this document can be used to keep notes about your interactions with undergraduates (feel free to create your own tracking document in whatever format you like)
Can't find what you're looking for? Have a suggestion? Click the button below.