Acacia's summer internship program provides an opportunity for undergraduate brothers to obtain practical work experience in not-for-profit organization management, higher education, and event planning during a 12-week span from June 1 to August 5, 2015. Interns will be exposed to the major operational areas of the Fraternity and take part in the day-to-day activities of the Headquarters staff. Additionally, interns will assist in a wide variety of special projects ranging from development of new programs through event preparation, specifically assisting with the Acacia Leadership Academy in Bloomington, Indiana, during the final week of July. The Fraternity will accept 1-2 interns for the 2015 summer with applications open until positions are filled. Responsibilities and essential functions:
- Organizing and filing paper and electronic records
- Assisting in updating and developing programs
- Assisting in updating manuals and documents
- Researching, writing, and compiling content on topics such as prominent alumni, undergraduate and chapter successes, and trends in Greek life
- Assisting in preparation for the Acacia Leadership Academy in Bloomington, Indiana
- Interns will report directly to the Executive Director
- Be a full-time Acacia undergraduate in good standing
- Be available to generally work business hours M-F for the duration of your internship at the Acacia Fraternity International Headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Have a passion for and belief in the fraternal movement and the development of our undergraduate members
- Possess strong organizational skills, timely, and takes pride in personal appearance
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and accomplishes tasks with limited supervision
- Able to relocate to Indianapolis for approximately 10 weeks during the summer
- Proficiency in the following software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Apps
- Any of the following skills are a bonus: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, HTML, CSS
- Mac proficiency preferred, though not required
- Past Conclave or Acacia Leadership Academy attendance is a plus
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds above shoulder height preferred
- The candidate must return to the institution for at least one additional academic year following the internship.
Benefits: Interns will receive a weekly stipend (amount TBD) and free lodging at the Fraternity’s furnished staff apartment in Indianapolis, as well as free registration and lodging at the Acacia Leadership Academy. Academic course credit may also be available.
How to apply: Please submit cover letter, resume with references and personal statement on why you would be a good fit for the internship. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Acacia Fraternity International Headquarters Attn: Patrick McGovern, Executive Director 8777 Purdue Road, Suite #225 Indianapolis, IN 46268